Senna is an herb that comes from several different flowering species of the Cassia plants. The leaves, flowers, and fruits of the senna plant have been used in tea as a laxative or stimulant for centuries.
The leaves of the Senna plant are also used in some teas to help relieve constipation or promote weight loss.
The most common Cassia senna plants used are the C. acutifolia, and C. angustifolia plants, which are grown in the Middle East and India.
Scientific benefits of it
2. Increases movement of intestines (peristalsis)
3. Useful in piles due to laxative.
4. Its paste can be applied on wounds & ulcers.
5. It is anti helmentic (anti worms)
6. Reduces obesity.
7. Useful in hypertension & increased in intra cranial pressure (brain pressure)
8. Increases appetite.
9. Helpful in dysentery, hepatomegaly, spleenomegaly, malaria, jaundice, gouts, rheumatism, anaemia & etc.
10. But use in mild dose.
11. Can be used in all season.